Steven Tyler (AEROSMITH) and Svend on their Harley's in Sunapee NH
copyright 2000-2007 - svend erik filby. All Rights Reserved
Mark Hansen & Robert Allen
Congratulations! As a result of some very enthusiastic reviews from GarageBand.com members, "Dyslexia" will be Track of the Day at GarageBand.com.
For 24 hours on Monday, the 5th of February, 2007 (PST) "Dyslexia" will be featured on GarageBand.com's World front page. The address for this page will be:
Best wishes from all at GarageBand.com and keep up the great work!
Ivy, Band Services, GarageBand.com
dude... aren't you getting a little c l o s e !
hey... is that sting over there?
JJ Jagger taking a nap :)
Robert Grier Torrence - a great man of many talents and a dear friend for many years!
I was the youngest member ever to be let into the National Ski Patrol when I lived in Italy
Ski Patroling in the Abruzzi Alps at Rocco Rossa Ski Resort
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious"
"I only know 3 chords, but I play them really well!"
I can really relate to these quotes :)
I went on the road a few times to help Stevie Wonder with his Synclavier Keyboard. What a musical genius!
• The first one is easy... all the great people I have had/have in my life! It is truely what makes life... well, life... my great family, my friends, my many mentors along the way that were kind enough to share their time and experience with me...
• Whenever I can help others... that is a "highlight" for me... as I gain more "success/$$" it means I can help more :)
• My great mom, Birthe, from Denmark and my Danish family... my brother San, and my little sister, Iliana... all wonderful, smart, intelligent, caring, great unique people I am proud to say are part of me... I couldn't ask for more from my small family:) !
• Living in Italy for 3 years... what a great adventure in my teen years, along with time spent in many european countries. I love all the diverse cultures over there :)
• Going to college for electrical engineering - it gave me a great counter balance to my natural creative side giving me a strong balance of left brain right brain... which has been so crucial as my life has progressed (thanks mom! it was your idea!)
• Robert Grier Torrence - the father I never had... and one of the smartest men I have known, and a great friend and mentor and a man who's life was an inspiration to me. And as a bonus, I got to be friends with his great kids, who each in there own way are special unique individuals. Robert also encouraged me to go back to school and get a business degree, which he helped me with and once again this has been a great asset as my life moved forward, eventually starting my own business. If you are up there listening, thank you Robert!
• Starting my graphic design business, svend | design, which in the big scheme of things was my true calling. It has provided me with a great living, great opportunities to use my skills, great clients and most of all... I wake up every day excited to "go to work" - but it often doesn't feel like work :)
• Meeting Stevie Wonder and helping him learn a new piano keyboard instrument that he had shipped to him out on tour. (A Fairlight Keyboard from Australia) - Stevie also used a Synclavier, from New England Digital, the company I worked for :)
• Reading a book back in the 80's by real estate guru Robert Allen, which got me into real estate investing, which has been such a great part of my life and what it has allowed me to do. I bought my first home at 27, 30 days after reading Rober G. Allens book "No Money Down" which I saw on one of these late night infomercials!
• Finding and helping my mom buy her first home, which has become a great gathering place for family and friends :)
• Jumping out of a plane at 13,000 feet! What an indescribable exhilaration!
• Buying my first sailboat and learning to sail. I love being out on the water :) AND sailing in the British Virgin Islands!
• Having lunch with Steven Tyler and having him ask me to design some album covers for their upcoming CD
• My little buddy... JJ Jagger :) - He passed away in Jan of 2011 and he lived a great life for 13 years and 6 months. I will miss him greatly.
• Teaching college graphic design classes. I loved working with my students to help them learn the tools of computer graphic design. Very rewarding. May have to do this again some day. If only there were more time in day!
• Working as a freelance graphic designer at Jager Di Paola Kemp, one of the greatest graphic design companies in the world. It was here I got to help design a logo for the 1996 Olympics with my friend Michael Jager (where my dogs name, Jagger comes from :)
• I had the unique chance/opportunity to be the youngest National Ski Patroler ever :). I was living in italy when I was 14, and was an avid skier in the Abruzzi Alps. There were many americans skiing there from the military bases in italy. They needed american speaking ski patrolers and even though I was too young, I passed the test and they made me a patroler :)
• Helping my Nephew Kristoffer get into music and graphic design. Many years ago when Kris was young, I gave him my prized Casio CZ101 keyboard which was an important instrument in history and for me too (I composed some of my first music with it)... Kris went on to have great success as a guitar player and band member. Years later I had Kris move from RI up to NH to get a fresh start, and helping him along in his path to owning his own graphic design firm, which is doing great!
• Meeting JD Salenger - the famed writer of "Catcher in the Rye", who is known to be very much a recluse
• Working at New England Digital, makers of the Synclavier Digital Music System - which was the Rolls Royce of digital music systems back in the late 70's, 1980's and early 1990's. It was here I got to really spread my wings and use many of my talents towards a great product. It was also here that I got to work with many of my musical hero's like Genesis, Stevie Wonder, The Cars, Pat Metheny, Herbie Hancock, Sting and even Michael Jackson before he wigged out :)
• All the concerts I have been to and worked at in my life... live music ROCKS!
• Feb 5th, 2007, where one of my songs was voted "track of the day" by listeners at garageband.com! see to left side of page...
• My many travels throughout life < see map >
• Buying my dream boat, a 2004 Lagoon 380 Catamaran.
• Designing my new home and design/recording studio in Gilford NH. Back in 2009 I was on craigslist looking for a sailboat to have here in NH and on my way home I saw a for sale sign for a house. I drove up Briarcliff road and there it was... my new house! I bought it 30 days later! The house was 65% done and I would finish the rest. It was hard work but a wonderful experience!
there are many more to come... stay tuned
My Lagoon 380 - Easy Livin'